(Patriarcat Latin de Jérusalem)
99100 Bet Shemesh
+972/(0)2 991 79 81
The sanctuary of “Our Lady Queen of Palestine and of the Holy Land” is a place that is very dear to Christians in the land of Jesus, and they come to gather together here on the last Sunday in October. Constructed in 1927, midway between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, to request the protection of the Virgin Mary, it was for a long time a place of welcome for children and then it became a house for spiritual retreats. In August of 2009, the Patriarch of Jerusalem, Monseigneur Fouad Twal, asked our monastic Family to ensure a presence of prayer and adoration. The church ceiling is decorated with the words of the angelic salutation to Mary “Ave Maria” in 280 languages. It is the center of a building with two wings: one is for hospitality and the centers of professional formation and the other is for the monastic community.