MONASTÈRE NOTRE-DAME D’ADORATION
LE VAL SAINT BENOÎT
+33/(0)3 85 82 04 32
In the valley of Bourgogne, ten kilometers from Autun, in the thick forest of Battées near Épinac, the monastery of Val Saint Benoît both hides and reveals its beauty. Constructed in 1236 by Gauthier de Sully in fulfillment of a promise he made to the Virgin Mary, the priory was blessed with two centuries of monastic fervor before being abandoned. In 1982, the restauration of the church and of the chapel of the Loges was completed. Nearby is the cloister with fifteen hermitages for the monastic sisters.